Dear Customers, Suppliers and Friends of Hose and Rubber Supply GMS Division,
We here at GMS want to first extend our deepest concern, support, and prayers for all who have contracted or lost a loved one in the COVID-19 pandemic. Our hearts go out to you.
We are working first and foremost to be sure that all of us; staff, customer, family member, vendor, or service provider – are safe. Nothing we do in the midst of this pandemic is more important than caring for each other.
With the world-wide issues of COVID-19 the directives, procedures, and guidelines for communities, business, and homes are under frequent change or updating and we are working constantly to maintain our operations within those recommendations. Those industries considered critical or essential may additionally have their own sets of guidelines. As a military supplier, access to our services remain fully available as we help care for the front-line needs of our nations war-fighters and mission providers.
To that end within our shops, offices, and our outside contacts with the community we are taking extensive precautions to keep each other safe and reduce the risk of COVID-19 being spread. Some of those actions include:
- Exceeding CDC guidelines for general facility cleanliness and disinfecting multiple times per day.
- Having common areas and customer service areas meet or exceed social distancing guidelines and providing airborne particle barriers wherever physically possible.
- Requiring hygienic and protective measures to reduce the risk of transmission to each other.
- Working from remote/home locations where feasible.
- Making working from remote/home available for at-risk staff or those with high risk family members.
- Staggering weekly crews where needed to reduce inter-company contact and provide gaps in social exposure for all staff.
- Limiting or excluding outside visitors other than customers to our sites, excepting those critical to operations such as logistics and material providers.
- Providing reduced or no contact product pick-up or delivery options to our local customers to help them maintain reduced social contact as well.
- Slightly reduced hours of operation in some locations, though our emergency on-call remains fully operational.
We are grateful for the diligent effort of our suppliers to be certain the products we need to take care of our critical customers are reaching us.
Our deepest thanks and appreciation for the extra energy, efforts, patience, and care that everyone is making during this very challenging time. We are committed to reducing the spread of COVID-19 and its impact on all of us. If there is anything that we can do to work toward making this time less difficult on you, please don’t hesitate to reach out to any member of the GMS team.
Hose and Rubber Supply GMS